If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Helen Bowles, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
- What information do we collect?
- What do we do with the information we collect?
- Direct Marketing
- Email marketing
- Who do we share this information with?
- How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- your full name and postal address
- your contact information, including email address and telephone number
- your billing information, transaction and credit card information
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics of your family or holiday group, experiences with our services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our services
- Other information relevant to your enquiry or reservation
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use the information you give us to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- supply information about holiday accommodation options and associated products
- process and confirm your holiday accommodation reservation
- inform you of any changes or updates to your reservation
- internal record keeping
- to improve our services
- to follow up if you have purchased services from our website
- We may have legitimate reasons for passing some of your data to our suppliers. This will be limited to contact names, telephone numbers and group demographics, needed to effectively process your enquiry or holiday reservation
If you are a previous customer or have used our website or services to gain holiday accommodation information, we would like to provide you with information about new services, promotions, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting and is relevant to self catering holidays.
We may send you such information by email or telephone, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service.
We will not pass or sell your data or personal details to a third party for marketing purposes
When you provide us with information, you will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your information used for marketing purposes. If you request this option, we will not send you any marketing material.
You can change your mind at any time and if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Helen Bowles at email@example.com
Whom do we share this information with?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless there are legitimate reasons, such as;
- effectively processing your holiday accommodation enquiry
- effectively processing your holiday accommdation reservation
- processing your Damage/Security Deposit prior to your stay
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to become unknown to us, please e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information within the timeframes set by the General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to withdraw consent for use of your personal information for the purposes outlined in this policy at any time - please email us at email@example.com. Should you have any complaint regarding the way in which your personal data is being used, please contact us in the first instance using this email address. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We document the information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how we store it and how long we keep it. If you would like more information concerning your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any financial data (credit or debit card details) collected online or by telephone is stored securely for a maximum of 4 weeks after the last date of your holiday, after which it is deleted.
We are registerd with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Our registration number is ZA391919
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.