• Apartment Tamary is a two-bedroom apartment on the first floor of a low-rise block and has a wonderful view of the harbour. You can sit one of the two balconies and while away the hours, sipping your aperitifs and watching the yachts bobbing on the water.
• There are two bedrooms, one double and a twin. The apartment is very fresh and bright and furnished to ensure comfort. With three sets of table and chairs you can enjoy breakfast on the SE balcony with the rising sun overlooking the square below, take lunch in the shade of the apartment and finish the day with dinner on the NW balcony while watching the sun go down.
• You are only a stone's throw from the boulangerie/pâtisserie, and the aroma from their baking will entice you to buy your croissants for breakfast.
• Hire a yacht or motor cruiser and make it a two-part holiday.
• You can get involved with the hustle and bustle of Port Grimaud or chill out for a relaxing time and just watch the world go by.
• This property can be let all year round and is ideal as a base for those who like to tour the region from Provence to the West and the Cote d’Azur and Italy to the East.
• Living/Dining Room: There is plenty of space in this apartment to eat and relax. There are two comfy sofas and a dining table for four, a French TV with BBC World News, an iPod music system and connection for your computer via wifi. Air conditioning is in the main living area.
• Kitchen: This kitchen is part of the living area and has a dishwasher, oven and fridge/freezer, together with all the necessary cooking utensils. However there is no microwave. The apartment has its own washing machine; tumble drying - should this really be necessary - is available in the launderette in the square below.
• Bedrooms: There are two bedrooms, a double and a twin (the beds can be put together), both with built-in wardrobes, giving ample space for clothing.
• Bathrooms: There are two, each equipped with shower and toilet and of which one is en-suite. The washing machine is tucked away with the boiler.
• Balconies: There are two balconies, of which one overlooks the marina and is accessed via large sliding glass doors from the living room. There is a table with four canvas "director's" chairs. A fridge caters for your cold drinks. The second balcony, accessed from the front door and equipped with a table and four chairs, overlooks the square and captures the morning sun.
• Parking: A designated car park for the apartments is located close by.
• Outside: There are three restaurants and a tabac just across the square, as well as a boule range.
• Swimming pool: There is no pool at this property.
• Internet: Connection is available for your laptop via Wi-Fi.
• Telephone: No telephone available.
• Baby facilities: This apartment is not suitable for babies.
• Supplementary services: No supplementary services available.
• Environmental features: None.
• Damage deposit: GBP150 payable with the final payment. This will be refunded to you, less the replacement cost of any breakages.
• Bed and bathroom linen: Included in the rental cost but please bring your own beach towels.
• Winter heating: Included in the rental cost.
• Gas, electricity and water: Included in the rental cost.
• End-of-stay cleaning: Included in the rental cost.
• Change over day: Normally Sunday, but please enquire.
• Long weekend stays and mini breaks: Not possible.
• Pets: Not permitted.
• Smoking: Not permitted.
HOW TO GET THERE
By Car: The roads and autoroutes in France are a pleasure, so driving can sometimes make a good alternative to flying – at least you’ll already have your car with you! From the UK you have the choice of using the ferries or the Eurotunnel for your crossing. Once in the South of France, this property can be easily accessed via the A8 autoroute, 30 km and 38 minutes from the apartment. However a car is not necessary once you are at the property, unless you want to explore the region.
By Air: Toulon-Hyères international airport is 30 km away, but there may be more convenient flights to Nice-Cote d’Azur (70 km away). There is usually a choice of several daily flights from the UK and worldwide .
By Train: Eurostar runs from London to Paris city centres and then the high speed TGV service runs from Paris towards Nice. The nearest TGV station to this property is Draguignan/Les Arcs, 35 km or 43 minutes away by road.
• Full directions will be sent to you once you have made a booking.
About the local area
LOCAL AREA INFORMATION
Port Grimaud is a small bustling seaside town and port with bakers, butchers, grocers, a bank and a post office. The cafes, bars and restaurants are surrounded by the fortified walls and sits beside the Mediterranean where there is a long sandy beach, all of which are within 5 mins of the apartment.
• Markets: There’s a local market every Thursday and Sunday morning selling fresh produce and flowers, and across the bay in St Tropez there’s a market every Tuesday and Saturday morning. Your senses will enliven as you stroll through a variety of stalls selling locally produced cheese, wine, breads and olives.
• Restaurants: Fancy a change from cooking, then a stroll across the square from the apartment will take you to one of the three restaurants.
• Supermarkets: You’ll find the nearest supermarket within 2 mins by car where you can choose from a whole array of produce.
• Sightseeing: The best way to visit St Tropez is across the wonderful bay and is via the local ferry. Ste Maxime is just along the coast where you can enjoy the cafe life and lovely beaches. It's a great location for touring either along the coastal roads to explore the neighbouring villages, or heading north into the vineyards and the beautiful countryside.
• Activities: Right on the doorstep you can take diving lessons, and from the main beach there’s Hobicat and pedaloes for hire and paragliding. Hire a cycle and take off along the many purpose built tracks, which lead to other local towns. There’s tennis with a coach, horse-riding, and two golf courses at Beauvallon and Ste Maxime. There is a water taxi which is free to residents during the high season.